Are you searching for car insurance in Toronto? Let us help! We can also help you find Toronto motorcycle insurance products.
Auto Insurance in the GTA
- In Toronto, some drivers pay as much as $3,440 per year to insure their vehicles. These premiums are unacceptable for most drivers, which is why CompleteCar.ca is here to help you find a better rate. There are several things that can affect your insurance costs so your rate could be higher or lower depending on these factors. Gender, age, marital status, type of vehicle you drive, previous insurance history, and credit score can all impact your rates.
- Keeping a clean driving record is one of the easiest things that you can do to save money on your insurance. In Toronto, drivers with one or more tickets or moving violations on their record paid around $200 more per year to insure their vehicles.
- Car insurance is said to be slightly higher in the Greater Toronto Area due to the large population of residents in the region. This is even more reason to do your homework so that you can get an affordable rate for your insurance needs.
- During the past six years, over 8% of Toronto drivers were involved in an automobile accident. Around 15% of residents have also had one or more tickets in the last six years.
These statistics give even more reason to maintain car insurance on your vehicle at all times.
How to Save on Car Insurance in Toronto
The easiest way to save on insurance in the city is to compare prices. Comparing prices could mean savings of hundreds of dollars every year, and will also help connect you with the best policy for your needs. It is easy to compare rates amongst a number of the top auto insurers in Toronto by using a variety of websites on the Internet. If you currently carry auto insurance, do yourself a favour and take the ten minutes to fill out a few insurance quotes. Even if you think you are paying the best rate, you could be paying far more than you should to insure your car.
Since many auto insurance companies now use your credit report to make decisions on your insurance, it is also a good idea to pay off any debts that you might owe, and to check your report at least once per year to ensure there is no inaccurate information on it.
Discounts Can Lower Your Premiums
Most auto insurance companies offer plenty of discounts for the taking. Auto insurance is a highly competitive industry, and to gain your trust, companies offer plenty of perks for insuring your vehicle with them. Common discounts you may be entitled to include:
- Safe driver discounts
- Multiple policy discounts
- Adding anti-theft deterrents to your vehicle
- Completing a driver’s safety course
- Starting or renewing your policy online
- Bundling other insurance policies with your auto insurance
With these tips in mind, you can be on your way to getting the best coverage at a price you can actually afford to pay each month.